Proform Construction was established in 2007, after many years working in the construction field. We initially started specializing in kitchens and bathrooms. Today we offer full renovations and remodels. Our attention to detail and exceptional service set us apart. As a built green member, Proform Construction maintains a strong environmental aspect to our projects, designs, and building materials. We also stay current on trends and building issues as a member of the master builders association. We pride ourselves on our high standards and trend setting designs.
We guarantee to our clients that we will use our best efforts to:
Contact us for more work samples and to talk about your upcoming project
Building the home of your dreams is an exciting task that can seem daunting and tedious at times, but Proform Construction wants to do everything we can to make it a rewarding experience - our reputation and your satisfaction depends on it! The construction process is only one step in remodeling your home, and we are dedicated to our clients throughout the entire process, from framing to finishing touches. We build homes and relationships, so we are committed to you from beginning to end.
Phase 1: Initial Meeting
Phase 2: Design
Phase 3: Construction Contract
Phase 4: Construction
Phase 5: Warranty
PHASE ONE: Initial Meeting
Building your dream home is a very personal experience, and because it is a huge investment, the builder you choose is an extremely important decision. Initial meetings give you a chance to get to know your builder, connect with them, and become comfortable in communicating your desires and expectations. Initial meetings gives you the opportunity to convey your goals, the style and size of the home you want, the lifestyle you live, your family dynamics, what your budget margins are, and many other factors that go into the design.
PHASE TWO: Design
We have excellent relationships with some of the best architects and designers in the Seattle area, and are comfortable meeting and working with any architect or designer you choose to create your perfect home. Along with creating the plans that establish the footprint of the home, there is also a need for a set of specifications that list the types of materials to be used. While helping you make your materials selections, we are mindful of your budget and your style so that we can make this process seamless and accurate.
PHASE THREE: Construction Contract
When your architectural plans and specifications are complete, we provide an estimate and input all the details of your home to give you a total construction price. There are generally two different pricing structures in custom home building and renovating. We allow our homeowners to choose which structure better suits their needs: 1) In a fixed-price contract, you agree to pay in the end the amount estimated from the beginning plus or minus any changes made after the contract is signed. In this agreement, there are no surprises to the homeowner. 2) With a cost-plus contract, we provide an outline of costs and the best estimate of the total cost of the home. However, in the end, the homeowner will pay the actual costs incurred plus a predetermined fee for overhead and profit.
PHASE FOUR: Construction
The construction phase is exciting because we can all watch as the plans and hard work are transferred from paper to reality. Even after the extensive time spent together during the pre-construction phases, there will still be occasional questions that arise or decisions that need to be made or changed. We greatly encourage homeowners to stay in constant contact with us, and we are always available to answer questions and clarify steps throughout the process - this is one more thing that sets Proform Construction apart from many other custom Remodelers. Joey Fentress,the company's owner, will be your personal contact throughout the entire process, and we feel this is important to ensure your satisfaction.
The stages of construction normally include the following steps, but may vary due to your particular project:
1) Demolition and site prep.
2) Framing — Your home starts to take shape as we frame the structure that will eventually be your residence.
3) Mechanical Rough — Plumbing and HVAC install "behind the walls".
4) Electrical Rough — We will run the wiring in your home; setting up a walk-through to go over positioning of recessed cans, light fixtures, switches and outlets as well as telephone, TV, security, etc.
5) Framing, Mechanical, and Electrical inspection — Whether 3rd party or City, this is the time when inspections occur. Your home will be clean, organized and ready for a thorough inspection. Proform Construction is well known for our quick passes and excellent compliance.
6) Insulation — Insulation chosen during the contract phase will be installed at this time.
7) Roof — The roof will begin to be installed after the mechanical rough and will be completed before sheetrock in order to ensure no water infiltration. This is known as "Dried In".
8) Sheetrock — Once insulation is in, the roof is on, and everything has been triple checked, we will hang sheetrock and begin to apply your choice of texture or plaster. You will be asked to approve a sample and be involved in the amount of texture applied.
9) Exterior Finishes — Around the time that we begin insulation, we will begin with your exterior finishes, paint, stone, stucco, etc. By this time, everything will be in full swing and you will begin to see what your home will look like in elevation.
10) Hardwood Flooring — Once the sheetrock is in and finished, we will install the sand-and-finish or pre-finished hardwood flooring. We always run our hardwoods under the cabinets, and set our base on top of the flooring.
11) Cabinets, Trim & Doors — This is when the fine carpenters come in. They are masters of their trades and make sure that your finished cabinets and trim are immaculate.
12) Tile — once cabinets are in, we will install tile in the areas selected, usually, floors, backsplashes, showers and wet areas are typical.
13) Interior Paint — We will put up samples before painting any areas. Once approved, we will shut down the job to other trades for a short time and allow the painters to do their magic!
14) Flatwork — During or around the indoor painting phase, we typically like to pour your driveway, sidewalks, patios and areas not attached to the home. We will verify the layout with you and explore any options that may enhance the layout and design.
15) Set-outs — This is when plumbing fixtures and light fixtures, HVAC registers and returns are installed.
16) Landscaping — Whether you are working with an outside firm or a Proform preferred landscaper, this is when the exterior feels complete.
17) Rough clean — Here, we rough clean the home to prepare for carpet installation.
18) Carpet — This is when we install your selected carpets.
19) Punch — During this time, we address any items that need attention. We adjust appliances, tighten knobs, adjust doors and drawers, do paint touch up, etc. Our goal is to complete all punch items before move-in. Occasionally, due to the complexity of some of our homes, a few items may need to be addressed after move in. This will be handled by both parties signing a punch list at closing to be completed in an agreed-upon time frame.
20) Final clean & windows
21) Final Walk-Through with homeowner
22) Move-In — Congratulations!!!
PHASE FIVE: Warranty
Your home will come with a 1-2 warranty which will give you piece of mind in your investment. The 1-2 warranty is as follows:
-For a period of (1) year, the workmanship and materials shall be free of construction defects.
-For a period of (2) years, the plumbing, electrical, heating and air conditioning delivery systems shall be free of construction defects.
Proform was ranked within the top 10 Seattle Home Remodelers for 2015.
Read the full article •http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/subscriber-only/2016/09/30/home-remodelers.html
An update honors a modern Seattle home’s 1950s roots while making it a better entertaining space
Paul Huggett and Ron Gagliardo didn’t plan to change a thing about their midcentury modern find two blocks from the beach in Seattle. But after three years, things started falling apart in the 1951 home, and they were forced to reconsider. They saw an opportunity to capitalize on the existing open floor plan to create an indoor-outdoor entertaining space...
Read the full article •http://www.houzz.com/
Houzz.com • http://www.houzz.com/proform-construction-llc
Proform Construction LLC of Seattle, WA Receives
Best of Houzz Award
Annual Survey and Analysis of 16 Million Monthly Users
Reveals Top-Rated Building, Remodeling and Design Professionals
For the second year in a row, Proform Construction LLC of Seattle, WA has been awarded "Best Of Houzz" by Houzz, the leading platform for home remodeling and design. The relatively young remodeling firm was chosen by the more than 16 million monthly users that comprise the Houzz community.
The Best Of Houzz award is given in two categories: Customer Satisfaction and Design. Customer Satisfaction honors are determined by a variety of factors, including the number and quality of client reviews a professional received. Design award winners' work was the most popular among the more than 16 million monthly users on Houzz, known as "Houzzers," who saved more than 230 million professional images of home interiors and exteriors to their personal ideabooks via the Houzz site, iPad/iPhone app and Android app.
Houzz is the leading platform for home remodeling and design, providing people with everything they need to improve their homes from start to finish - online or from a mobile device. From decorating a room to building a custom home, Houzz connects millions of homeowners, home design enthusiasts and home improvement professionals across the country and around the world. With the largest residential design database in the world and a vibrant community powered by social tools, Houzz is the easiest way for people to get the design inspiration, project advice, product information and professional reviews they need to help turn ideas into reality. For more information, visit Houzz.com www.houzz.com
"Proform is a very professional, organized, clean, and talented construction company. They exceeded our expectations in all areas..."
Read more • http://www.houzz.com/pro
FROM DRAB TO FAB:
A MODERN KITCHEN MAKEOVER
"Robin Chell Design recently completed this kitchen remodel in Bellevue, Washington.
...We also loved working with the crew from Proform Construction, who managed the remodel. It's great to see and experience how transforming a kitchen can make such a difference. After all, it's really the heart of the home..."
Read the full article •
HomeAdvisor Screened & Approved
Learn more • http://www.homeadvisor.com/rated
PROJECT: BUILD AN ADDITION
"Excellent service and good clean work. Joey and crew are easy to work with I've already recommended them to two friends."
Proform Construction would love to talk to you about the opportunity to guide you through your next design-build project. We are here to help you with every stage of the process, from locating suitable land and navigating complex city development codes to interior design, building and finishing touches.
3606 Arapahoe Pl W
Seattle, Washington 98199
Please Upgrade to a Modern Browser
3606 Arapahoe Pl W
Seattle, Washington 98199